NaysPinkBookshelf

Nay's Pink Bookshelf

A girl in her early 20's reading all things YA and NA

The Wolf's Cry (The Semei Trilogy, #1)

The Wolf's Cry (The Semei Trilogy, #1) - Natalie Crown **Received a copy of this book from the author in exchange of an honest review.**

Gave this a 4.5 stars.

The Wolf's Cry is an interesting take on Shape-shifters. This is my first shape-shifter book and I enjoyed it with all the drama, action, killing and secrets uncovered. Kammy was a strong character that I grew to love. I admit, when I read about her while in Daleswick I completely wished she would stop being a total cry baby and just get some confidence for herself, but as her journey in the world of the Semei picked up she became a spunky, strong character.

Natalie did an amazing job as far as world building goes. I totally felt like I was sucked into the world of the Semei. The character development was outstanding. I loved how all her characters were unique and connected by something.

As stated above, Kammy was an awesome character. She totally rocked. I love her growth throughout the novel. Finding out who she really was and more about her family line made her all the more interesting. I loved Jad, Eric and Tayah. At first Tayah seemed like a true bitch to me, but I grew to like her attitude and how she acted. Eric was totally loving! I loved him to pieces. He was fun, caring and always friendly to Kammy even though she was human. Jad was such a serious guy from start to finish. He seemed like he never really loosened up. I did like how he saved Kammy from the start, but his attitude towards her was insane.

Ria is just as Tayah is, but more on the "I'm going to kill you" bitchy side. I did however, love the show of heart and love she had for Tayah towards the end when before Bagor made her decide. She showed slight affection and love for his sister. Bagor -- ugh, I totally wished he would just freaking die. I swore he was the nicest person when he first spoke to Kammy when she arrived at the Palace, but once Eric and Tayah would not give him the Key he went back to King asshole. What he did to his own family tore my heart. Bagor was the perfect villain to this story.

I did not like the way Fii died! And what Bagor did to Kaitlyn was not cool at all. I enjoyed learning about Mary aka Marianna, Kammy's mother and how she was Simbassi - one of the five royal blood lines. That would explain why she always went in the forest near the gate. To grieve.

This book was totally a great one that was unexpected and I think I need to read more about shape-shifters now.

That cliffhanger…OMG -- I need the next book like right now! No questions asked!