NaysPinkBookshelf

Nay's Pink Bookshelf

A girl in her early 20's reading all things YA and NA

The Elf Girl

The Elf Girl - Markelle Grabo **Received book from the author in exchange for an honest review**

**Beware! Does contain some spoilers!**

I have never read a book about elves and fairies before (I have not read any of The Hobbit or Lord of the Ring books), so for me this was a first time trying one out and I was highly impressed and thoroughly enjoyed reading this. Markelle Grabo did an excellent job in building a world where three realms collide: Human, Elf and Fairy. The world building throughout this book is detailed, intense and captivating. You will surely get sucked into the world. The writing was purely gold for me. It was an intense read because of all the details, but it definitely was smooth and easy to read.

This story follows fifteen year old Ramsey. She lives in the Human Realm in Wisconsin, with her family. She gets teased for having pointy ears and she doesn't understand why? She also realizes that she is extremely different from her family in looks. Things to start to go strange when she meets a young lady by the name of Addison, she gets attacked by water, saved by a random person and meets a handsome guy with the same ears. She soon learns she is different because she is in fact an elf or rather an elfen (female elf).

When she finds out her true identity and her real life, thanks to Addison, she decides to go to the Elf Realm in which she ventures out to save her real sister Zora from the Elemental Fairies (currently war between the Elves and Elemental Fairies), find out what her secret is and why the fairies want her dead over her secret that she knows nothing about. Along the way she makes new friends, falls in love and learns that she is finally home.

Throughout the book you have a bit of everything: romance, action, comedy, friendship, finding ones self and family struggles.

This book is definitely one of a kind!

Time for some information on what I enjoyed and didn't enjoy...**beware of spoilers...continue at own risk**

What I Liked:
- when Ramsey finds out she is rich in the Elf Realm
- the faith every Elf and Elfen, including the Queen, has in Ramsey to save her sister
- her encounters with The Stranger
- Ramsey's sarcasm towards Lura, the air fairy
- when Ramsey learns about Elvina
- when she finally saves Zora
- when she receives her power
- getting the dragon egg from Brielle before going back to Birchwood

What I Disliked:
- when Ramsey was grabbed by the water in the Human Realm
- Finn putting a spell on the mood diamond
- Stellan being a dog to both Zora and Ramsey
- Ramsey staying with Stellan
- Zora not teliing Ramsey the secret
- Finn leaving that note on her bed

Highly suggest anyone looking for a good elf novel to check this book and the whole series out!