NaysPinkBookshelf

Nay's Pink Bookshelf

A girl in her early 20's reading all things YA and NA

Of Poseidon

Of Poseidon - Anna Banks Fan-flipping-tastic!

I am not sure what took me so long to get on the bandwagon for this baby, but holy-cow. Anna Banks has created a novel that is gripping from start to finish. Filled with humor, romance, secrets, deception and lies, Of Poseidon is a fantastic work.

The Basis: Galen, a Syrena, comes to land to find a girl that communicate with fish. He is bumped by Emma who is on vacation. When they bump he feels a pull from her but doesn't fully understand what it means. He sees the similarities in their eyes. When a near death experience occurs he sees Emma talking to a shark in which concludes that she has the gift of Triton. The story takes off from there in which we see Galen follow Emma home and see the romance grow between the two.

Emma was such an interesting character. At first she seemed a bit ditsy, but as the story progressed she matured and grew into a beautiful young lady to me. I did love her witty sarcasm. Simply priceless for me! Galen was such a "live by the rules" guy for me. No matter how much fun he wanted to have or how much in love he was with Emma he just had to obey the rules no matter what. He was still a hunk though -- lol. Rayna was a great sister and her personality was a splash of sunshine when mixed with that of Emma's and Galen's.

That cliff-hanger though. OMG! I was not expecting that to happen. The truth being unfolded is unbelievably crazy. I need to know what happens next! How Galen handles this? The explanation! How Emma takes to the truth of it all. Such juicy drama that I'm sold on this series as a new favorite for me.