NaysPinkBookshelf

Nay's Pink Bookshelf

A girl in her early 20's reading all things YA and NA

The Girl Who Believed in Fairy Tales

The Girl Who Believed in Fairy Tales - Heidi Garrett **I received this book in exchange of an honest review.**

My rating for this book is 3 stars. This is a bind up of 3 novellas called The Girl Who Watched for Elves, The Girl Who Dreamed of Red Shoes and The Girl Who Couldn't Sing. These are all about one character named Heather Baker and her journey through life, love and relationships in some aspect.

The only story I thoroughly enjoyed was The Girl Who Watched for Elves. I absolutely loved the way Heather was making symbolism out of what the reader was sharing based on the tarot cards. I love the explanation of her life as a child. It was heart wrenching to read how she grew up and how her family was torn apart. I was a bit choked up. However, the ending was sweet and pure and such a great "he swept me off my feet" love. This had a bit of the Shoemaker and Elves fairytale tied in to it.

The Girl Who Dreamed of Red Shoes was okay. I just felt like Heather complained too much about her life and how big she was in comparison to other people. She disliked her job, she disliked her co-worker who she called a witch and she complained about her eating habit yet she had binge nights where she'd just eat. The whole idea of the red shoe was interesting. She thought the red shoe had something to do with her life. Even though she found a pair of red shoes the real red shoe was on someone who she was supposed to meet. The ending was sweet.

The Girl Who Couldn't Sing I just could not get through. It bored me for some odd reason that I honestly cannot explain. I love the ending with her boyfriend or husband and her cute laugh, but overall I lost patients with this novella and just got too tired to care about it.

Despite my dislike for the last two novellas this was still a pretty good bind up! And the connection to the various fairytales was intriguing.