NaysPinkBookshelf

Nay's Pink Bookshelf

A girl in her early 20's reading all things YA and NA

Gathering Water

Gathering Water - Regan Claire **Disclosure: A copy of this book was provided by the author in exchange for an honest review. All opinions are my own and have not been influenced by any person, place, or event.**

O M G! Can you fantabulous fantasy novel! This was such a gripping story from start to finish. This was a slightly different take on a ya fantasy.

Della was such an interesting character. Her take on life based on her being in the foster care system was different for me. Most characters seek for family relationships and enjoy the bonding, but she felt sort of indifferent to the idea of a family. Della was a curious person, but quiet at the same. She was feisty as well and sarcastic.

The idea of the town being so small and everyone knowing each other and/or being related was extremely interesting. I never read a book with such strong family ties and I totally enjoyed it. The family secrets, truths and drama revealed was intense.

The discovery she made early on about her powers and from reading the journals really was the point in which the story picked up. The fact that Chase knew more about her then she did herself was intriguing.

There were tons of amazing characters and some that made me want to puke. But the cliffhanger broke my heart...in a good way.

Will there be a sequel?!

Totally recommend this book.