NaysPinkBookshelf

Nay's Pink Bookshelf

A girl in her early 20's reading all things YA and NA

Fledgling

Fledgling - Nicole Conway **I received this book from the author in exchange of an honest review.

Mild spoilers

Gave this a 4.5 star rating.

The way Jaevid grew up was horrible. His upbringing was terrible and no one had respect for me at all. I love that no matter what came his way, being a halfbreed or the drama that took place, he never gave up on anything. He made it a mission to save Sile every time danger arised. For a fledgling he went above and beyond.

Ulric is a terrible father. I hated him for treating Jaevid the way he did. He hated his own son because his mother was an elf. Just unspeakably rude.

Sile was an excellent man and father like figure for Jae. He taught him ad nurtured him like a father should. He was the first person to really care about Jae's life and opinions. The way his coworkers treated him for taking Jae under his wing was ruthless.

Mavrik was funny! For a wild dragon he definitely allowed Jae to be his rider and train him. That bond between them was strong from the start and only got stronger as their journey went on.

Leony was a cowardice punk. I hated him and that's all I have to say about him.

Felix was an awesome friend! He didn't care what Jae was, only for the person and kindness he had. Felix was there through it all for Jar. Thick and thin and that is a great foundation for a friendship.

Beckah was so sweet and young, but she had some knowledge on her. Loved her character and I think she and Jae would make the cutest couple ever!

This was such a great read. Thoroughly enjoyed it! Excited to read the sequel: Avian!