NaysPinkBookshelf

Nay's Pink Bookshelf

A girl in her early 20's reading all things YA and NA

Tortured Souls (The Orion Circle Book 1)

Tortured Souls (The Orion Circle Book 1) - Kimber Leigh Wheaton **I received this book from the.author in exchange of an honest review.

This was yet another great read from Kimber Leigh Wheaton. I normally don't compare books, but this definitely reminded me of The Diviners by Libba Bray with more romance in it. Absolutely fabulous!

This is the story of young Kacie who has been seeing spirits all her life. Her mother left her family and her father blamed her. She had to deal with the hurt and pretend spirits were not around. During a dance at school and evil spirit approaches her and she is saved by Logan, her crush. She learns that she is not the only one with a paranormal ability and is instantly introduced to the Orion Circle.

Kacie has been having visions and nightmares about thirteen children and a phantom ghost. Through the Orion Circle she learns that the the thirteen ghost were trapped by Yardley in hopes of him being immortal.

I love how strong Kacie was from start to finish. No matter how frightened she was she never stopped her search for the kids and she constantly fought against Yardley. I hated how she grew up. I cried reading about how her mother left and treated her. She didn't deserve that.

Logan was a great charater. I will say I didn't like the idea of the instalove, but it went well with the story. Logan definitely was a strong asset to this story especially considering the visions her mom had.

Kacie's mom simply annoyed. I'm not going to elaborate because it will spoil the story but I totally hated her. Her dad upsetted me too but thankfully he started to believe her and apologize.

The Orion Circle was amazing help for Kacie. With their help she was able to learn how to control her ability, turn it on or off and even use it to help people cross. The Orion Circle has kudos in my book!

I thoroughly enjoyed this book and can't wait for book 2!