NaysPinkBookshelf

Nay's Pink Bookshelf

A girl in her early 20's reading all things YA and NA

Champion

Champion - Marie Lu I cannot believe I waited so long to read this trilogy full of sparks, flames and fireworks. Marie Lu has created an outstanding world with unbelievable characters you grow to love and some to hate. This was definitely some conclusion if you ask me. A bittersweet ending to a bittersweet trilogy.

In this final book of the trilogy, we follow Day as he is getting treated but he finds out he only has about two months max to live. On the other hand, we have June who is asked to use Day's weakness against him - his love for her - to get his brother Eden for a cure. Apparently a virus broke out in the colonies and without a cure they plan to go to war with the Republic. Such craziness!

As the story goes on we find that Thomas, Commander Jameson and a few others were supposed to be executed, but upon an attack they escaped. How'd they escape? Let's just say loyalty to the Republic is very low. Eventually Day agrees to let Eden be tested to find a cure, but the truth about the virus and the cure comes out and we find that what takes place in Prodigy is key to how the virus was created...such mystery.

I enjoyed Eden this time around because he had more parts and he stood up to his brother to help the Republic. Day, despite being in his condition, still stood up to fight and help the people of the Republic which is courageous. June just wowed me as she no longer wanted to be a princep-elect, but a soldier again. Tess was sweet and kind. Thomas just blew my mind from how we still helped the Republic and the truth behind Metais' death. Just amazing!

The ending had me in tears with how June walked away to protect Day. As she walked away Day was sent to Antarctic for help and I'm guessing he got it because ten years letter he returns to the Republic, still with little memory, but he finds his way to June and they start anew.

Priceless. Loving. Bittersweet. Exciting.

I truly enjoyed this trilogy and hope to enjoy her next one: The Young Elites.