NaysPinkBookshelf

Nay's Pink Bookshelf

A girl in her early 20's reading all things YA and NA

The Evolution of Mara Dyer

The Evolution of Mara Dyer - Michelle Hodkin OMG ... I loved this book, not as much as the first one, but I definitely did enjoy it. This book didn't have as much suspense or mystery as the first book had -- which I'm guessing is because I was so familiar with how Mara was that nothing really shocked me. Nonetheless, every now and then I did have questions arising at some parts of the book which had me on the edge of my bed.

I loved how Mara ended back in a psych facility, but I hate that her mother admitted her without her consent. How freaking rude! The situation with her father ... I was happy he was feeling much better thanks to Noah's good and loving heart. Daniel is a freaking amazing big brother, Noah is the best boyfriend on earth (somethings he says to Mara remind me of things my fiance has said to me) and Jude ... I have no words.

The ending of this book was cray-cray. I mean finding out that Mara was not really "crazy" and that the HORIZON was more than it seemed was crazy. However, Jude should go to hell and Noah...he just can't be. Not with his ability.

So looking forward to the final book in this trilogy to be released in June. Being that June is my bday month I will be asking my fiance to buy this book and the whole series in Hardcover for me. As much as I love eBooks on my Tablet and Nook --- this is worthy of purchasing a physical copy.

I'm just saying -- kudos to Michelle Hodkin and her outstanding writing and story!